Banana Bread – Sprouted High Protein
Join Anita's Bake Club to rate and review recipes and to save your favourites to your own digital recipe box.
Here is a healthy and delicious way to use up those brown bananas. This Banana Bread uses our Anita's Organic High Protein Flour packed with...you've guessed it protein. Made from a superior blend of sprouted wheat, lentil and bean flours it is a great addition to your baking.
- 2 large Ripe bananas
- 2 large Eggs (or 2 tbsp flax meal mixed with 6 tbsp water)
- 1/4 cup Yogurt (regular or dairy free)
- 1/2 cup Anita's Organic Cane Sugar (or 1/2 cup date paste)
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup Anita's Organic Sprouted High Protein or whole grain flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Diced nuts, raisins or chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl mash the bananas. Add eggs, yogurt, sugar, coconut oil, vanilla and mix or blend on medium-low for 30 seconds.
- Add High Protein Flour, baking soda, salt, mix until just combined.
- Add optional ingredients and mix until just incorporated.
- Pour batter into greased 9”x5” loaf pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes, test with toothpick, when inserted into center it should come out clean. Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes, remove bread onto wire rack to cool completely.
Tips & Techniques