Quick & Easy Individual Quiches
Join Anita's Bake Club to rate and review recipes and to save your favourites to your own digital recipe box.
These quiches are made in a muffin tin and can be filled any way you want. Have everyone choose their own fillings! The best part is that the pate brisee pastry is extremely easy and requires no rolling out.
For the crust:
- 140g (1 cup) Anita's Organic All Purpose Flour
- 110g (3/4 cup) Anita’s Whole Wheat Flour (or try Whole Grain Spelt Flour)
- 150g (2/3 cup) Unsalted Butter, cold
- 1 tsp Fine sea salt
- 2 Eggs
For the filling:
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Whole milk or cream
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 cups Assorted blanched or sautéed (broccoli, mushrooms, onions, leeks, kale, etc.)
- 1/2 cup Cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F with the rack near the bottom. Grease a standard muffin time with butter.
- Prepare your vegetables by either lightly blanching or sautéing them. You can also season them if you wish. Use raw vegetables if you want more crunch.
- Combine the salt and flours in a medium bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Dice the cold butter and add to the bowl. Using the paddle attachment mix the butter and flour to a coarse sandy texture. This can also be done by pulsing in a food processor but you must take care not to overmix.
- Lightly whisk the eggs and slowly add to the flour/butter mixture just until fully combined.
- Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured counter. Press the dough together and roll out onto a 12” log. Divide into 12 equal pieces.
- Place one piece in each muffin cup. Starting by pressing into the centre of the dough to make a well, spread the dough out to full the muffin cup right to the top of the tin. Make sure the dough is spread evenly around the cup.
- Place the dough lined tray in the freezer for 5 minutes to chill before baking.
- Blind bake the dough (unfilled) for 10-12 minutes until the bottom of the crust begins to look dry/set but before much browning has occurred.
- Remove the pan from the oven, fill half way with vegetables and cheese, and top off with the egg mixture to just below the edge of the crust. Be careful of the hot pan!
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the crust is well browned and the egg is set.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Run a small spatula around the crust to loosen and remove from the pan. Place on a wire rack to cool or serve hot.
Tips & Techniques