Classic Pumpkin Pie
Join Anita's Bake Club to rate and review recipes and to save your favourites to your own digital recipe box.
A traditional fall favourite, perfect for sharing with your loved ones over Thanksgiving or even Christmas. You'll get two crusts with this recipe, so double your filling or freeze a crust for later. More pie is always a good idea, wouldn't you agree?
Crust (Makes 2, freeze the second one for later)
- 2 1/2 cups Anita's Organic All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Butter, cold
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 3/4 cup Pumpkin puree
- 1 cup Anita’s Organic Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Evaporated milk
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Ground ginger
- Place the flour and salt into a food processor and pulse until mixed. Cut the cold butter into cubes and add to the food processor. Pulse until the mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs.
- Add the eggs and pulse to mix. Then add the lemon juice and pulse again until incorporated. Using your hands, form the mixture into a dough ball, wrap in plastic and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, divide the dough in half and roll out. Line a lightly oiled pin plate with the dough and place back in the fridge while you make the filling.
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the filling ingredients until fully incorporated.
- Pour mixture into pie crust and bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 425˚F. After 15 minutes, reduce the heat to 350˚F and continue baking for a further 30 to 45 minutes.
- To check the pie is ready, insert a knife into the centre. If the knife comes out clean, it’s done. Allow to cool and serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
Tips & Techniques