Join Anita's Bake Club to rate and review recipes and to save your favourites to your own digital recipe box.
The strawberry season is never here for long enough but when it is be sure to try these tasty Strawberry Muffins. Strawberries are a very watery fruit so chop them fairly small to avoid pockets large pockets of soggy muffins. No strawberries? Don’t worry raspberries and blackberries will work really well too.
- 1 cup Anita's Organic Sprouted Spelt Flour
- 1 cup Anita's Organic All Purpose Spelt Flour
- 1/3 cup Anita’s Organic Cane Sugar (brown sugar and coconut sugar work well too)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp Non-dairy yogurt
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 3/4 cup Non-dairy milk
- 3 tbsp Neutral tasting oil
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh or frozen strawberries, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F and line a muffin pan with 12 liners.
- In a large bowl mix together the flours, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and grated lemon zest. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl or jug mix together the yogurt, maple syrup, lemon juice, non-dairy milk, and oil. Mix well.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and add the wet mixture. Gently mix together and then fold in the strawberries.
- Scoop into the prepared muffin pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes in the pan and then move to cooling rack to finish cooling.
Tips & Techniques