Join Anita's Bake Club to rate and review recipes and to save your favourites to your own digital recipe box.
Straight from our test kitchen are these Power (packed) Muffins. We cannot guarantee they will turn you into a super hero but they go a long way to ‘packing a punch’ with taste and nutrition. Pack one of these for your post work out snack or to combat that mid-morning slump. You’ll be right as ninepence in a jiffy and ready to face anything.
- 2 cups Anita's Organic Sprouted Spelt Flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 3/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Anita’s Organic Sunflower Seeds
- 1/4 cup Anita’s Organic Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/4 cup Anita’s Organic Hemp Seeds
- 1/4 cup Anita’s Organic Chia Seeds
- 1/4 cup Anita’s Organic Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1/4 cup Anita’s Organic Ground Flax Meal
- 1/2 cup Anita’s Organic Rolled Oats
- 3/4 cup Anita’s Organic Thompson Raisins, scolded (soaked) in hot water for a few minutes & then drained
- 4 tbsp (57g) Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Date paste (or ½ cup pureed dates)
- 2/3 cup Oil
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup Applesauce
- 1 cup Low fat yogurt, plain & unsweetened
- Preheat the oven to 475˚F and grease or line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add in the seeds, shredded coconut, flax meal, oats, drained raisins and mix.
- In a large bowl whisk together the butter, date paste, oil and eggs until light and creamy. Add in the applesauce and yogurt and whisk everything together until evenly mixed.
- Slowly add a cup at a time of the dry mixture to the wet and fold everything together until just combined. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tray.
- Bake in the oven for 5 minutes at 475˚F and then turn the temperature down to 375˚F and bake further for 12 to 15 minutes. Do not open oven until the end of the second baking period. Check muffins are ready by inserting a wooden toothpick into the center. If it comes out clean they are ready.
- Allow to cool in the muffin tray for a few minutes and then move to a wire rack to cool fully.
Tips & Techniques