PB & J Einkorn Muffins
Join Anita's Bake Club to rate and review recipes and to save your favourites to your own digital recipe box.
Einkorn is such an excellent flour to use when making muffins (as well as countless other recipes) as it doesn’t need to be mixed with anything else. You can use 100% whole grain Einkorn Flour in most muffin recipes and still get a delicious, light and moist result.
- 2 1/4 cups Anita's Organic Einkorn Flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cups Anita's Organic Coconut Sugar
- 2 tbsp Anita's Organic Flax Meal
- 4 tbsp Water
- 3/4 cup Non-dairy or regular milk
- 1/2 cup Non-dairy or regular plain (or vanilla) unsweetened yogurt
- 1/4 cup Oil, safflower/sunflower/coconut - melted
- 1/3 cup Peanut butter or alternative
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2-1 tsp Jam per muffin, flavour of choice
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F and line a 12-cup muffin tray with paper liners.
- In a medium sized bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir in the coconut sugar and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk the flax meal and water together until it resembles the texture of a beaten egg. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the milk, yogurt, oil, peanut butter and vanilla extract. Add the flax meal & water mixture and mix until everything is fully incorporated.
- Now add the sifted dry ingredients to the wet mixture. Mix gently until evenly mixed.
- Scoop 1 ½ tablespoons of the batter into the prepared muffin cases. Tap the muffin tray on the counter top a few times until the batter is level and even.
- Spoon ½ to 1 teaspoon of jam onto the center of the batter in the muffin cases. Then scoop the remaining batter mixture over the top of the jam. Its ok if the jam is not completely covered or squeezes out a little.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes – or until an inserted wooden skewer comes out clean.
- When cooked leave the muffins in the tray for 5 to 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool fully.
Tips & Techniques