Double Chocolate & Raspberry Ancient Grain Muffins
Join Anita's Bake Club to rate and review recipes and to save your favourites to your own digital recipe box.
Chocolate – check, tangy raspberries – check, delicious organic Ancient Grain flours – check. That’s three of our favourite things all in one muffin so that’s a win, win in our book.
- 1 tbsp Anita's Organic Flax Meal
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1/2 cup Non-dairy or regular plain (or vanilla) unsweetened yogurt
- 1/2 cup Non-dairy milk (or regular)
- 2 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Cold strong coffee
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Neutral oil, such as safflower/sunflower/light olive
- 1/2 cup Anita's Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 cup Anita's Organic Cane Sugar
- 1 cup Anita’s Organic White Spelt Flour
- 1/2 cup Anita’s Organic Sprouted Spelt Flour (or Fine Grind Spelt Flour)
- 1/2 cup Anita’s Organic Sprouted Kamut Flour (or more Spelt Flour)
- 1/3 cup Anita's Organic Cocoa Powder
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Anita's Organic Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Frozen raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F and line a muffin tray with paper muffin cups.
- In a small bowl whisk the flax meal and water together until it resembles the texture of a beaten egg. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the yogurt, milk, vinegar, coffee, vanilla extract and oil. Add the sugars and the flax meal mixture and stir well.
- In a medium sized bowl sift together the flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and gently fold in until just mixed. Add the chocolate chips and frozen raspberries and mix again until evenly distributed but do not over mix.
- Scoop the batter evenly into the prepared muffin tray and bake in the centre of the oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Check the muffins are cooked all the way through by inserting a wooden skewer into the centre.
- When cooked leave the muffins in the tray for 5 to 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool fully.
Tips & Techniques