Rhubarb Crumble with Morning Rush
Join Anita's Bake Club to rate and review recipes and to save your favourites to your own digital recipe box.
Ahhhhhh - the season of rhubarb is fleeting and the ultimate way to honour this jewel of the springtime garden is in a crumble. Here we used our Morning Rush Apple Cinnamon Instant Oatmeal to make the crumble topping.
- 6 cups Fresh rhubarb, chopped
- 3/4 cup Anita's Organic Light Brown Sugar
- 330 g Package of Anita’s Organic Morning Rush Apple Cinnamon Instant Oatmeal
- 1 cup Anita's Organic Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1/2 cup Butter (or non – dairy alternative), cold
- 1 pinch Salt
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F and lightly grease an 8 x 8 inch casserole/pie dish.
- Chop the rhubarb into ½ inch pieces and add to the pie dish. Sprinkle the brown sugar over the rhubarb and stir until evenly mixed through. Set aside.
- In a large bowl empty the contents of the Morning Rush and mix with the whole wheat pastry flour. Cut the butter (or nondairy alternative) into teaspoon size pieces and rub into the dry mixture with your finger tips or a pastry cutter until the butter is evenly distributed (it should have the texture of wet sand). Sprinkle this crumble mixture over the rhubarb.
- Bake in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes until the topping is golden brown and the rhubarb is tender. Allow to cool for 15 minutes and serve warm.
Tips & Techniques