Apple & Cranberry Crumble
Join Anita's Bake Club to rate and review recipes and to save your favourites to your own digital recipe box.
There's nothing quite like a comforting bowl of fruit crumble at this time of year. All that fruity, oaty goodness just seems to hit the spot, especially when served with a delicious scoop of vanilla ice cream. Here we have paired tart apples and cranberries with a crumble that is not just deliciously satisfying, but also suitable for our non-gluten friends too. Give it a go – we know you want to.
- 3 cups Tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup Fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3/4 cup Anita's Organic Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Anita's Organic Coconut Flour
- 1/2 cup Anita's Organic Oat Flour
- 1/4 cup Anita's Organic Shredded Coconut
- 1/4 cup Anita’s Organic Rolled or Quick Rolled Oats
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 pinch Salt
- 6 tbsp Coconut oil, in solid form
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F.
- In a medium size bowl mix together the chopped apple, cranberries and brown sugar. Divide the mixture between 4 to 6 ramekins (depending on the size) or into an 8 x 8-inch ovenproof dish.
- In another bowl mix the coconut flour, oat flour, coconut, oats, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Cut the coconut oil into teaspoon size pieces and rub into the dry mixture with your finger tips or a pastry cutter until the oil is evenly distributed (it should have the texture of wet sand). Sprinkle the crumble mixture over fruit. Use as much of the crumble mixture as you can get into the ramekins. Don’t be afraid to pile it on as everything will cook down.
- Put the filled ramekins onto a cookie sheet. Place in the centre of the oven to bake for 30 to 40 minutes until the apples are tender and the crumble is golden brown. Allow to sit for about 15 minutes before serving. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Tips & Techniques