Walnut & Apricot Raw Energy Balls
Join Anita's Bake Club to rate and review recipes and to save your favourites to your own digital recipe box.
Homemade energy balls and bars have become the new normal in many households. They make great go to snacks for the kids; are a perfect pick me up after a workout; and they can also be gussied up (with a little melted chocolate) to make a quick and simple dessert. Not only are they delicious, they are quick to make; the washing up is kept to a minimum and you don't even need to put the oven on. As long as you have the correct dried fruit to nut/seed ratio you can pretty much create any flavour combination you can think of. Nut allergies an issue? Then play around with different seed combinations such as hemp; chia and sunflower seeds until you find the ones that suit your palate and dietary needs. These Walnut & Apricot Raw Energy Balls have a hint of the tropics about them with the toasty coconut and sweet tart apricot flavours. No time to shape them into balls? Don't worry, press the mixture into a parchment lined 8 x 8 inch pan, leave to set in the fridge for a couple of hours and then boom - cut them into bars when you need them. Yum! Enjoy.
- 1 cup Walnuts
- 1/2 cup Raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup Anita's Organic Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
- 1 cup Anita’s Organic Medjool Dates
- 1/2 cup Anita’s Organic Apricots
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 pinch Salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper - set aside.
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor.
- Pulse the mixture until the ingredients start to look like large breadcrumbs. Stop the machine frequently to scrape down the sides. Be careful not to over process the mixture as this will release too many of the oils from the walnuts.
- Test to see if the mixture is ready by squeezing a small amount into a ball shape. If it holds its shape the mixture is done, if not pulse a few more times.
- Scoop out 1.5 tablespoons of the mixture and shape it into a ball. Place onto the lined baking sheet and repeat until all of the mixture is used up.
- Place in the fridge for 2 hours to set. Store energy balls in an airtight container, in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Tips & Techniques