Sprouted Spelt & Almond Butter Cookies
Join Anita's Bake Club to rate and review recipes and to save your favourites to your own digital recipe box.
Cookies – say no more. Delicious; chocolatey morsels of gorgeousness. We’ve made these cookies with our Sprouted Spelt & Kamut Flours to give them that extra something, something.
- 1/4 cup Anita's Organic Brown or Coconut Sugar
- 1/3 cup Almond Butter
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Sunflower oil
- 1/2 cup Anita's Organic Sprouted Spelt Flour
- 1/4 cup Anita’s Organic Sprouted Kamut Flour
- 1/2 cup Anita's Organic Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla powder (or 1 tsp vanilla extract or the seeds from 1 vanilla pod)
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2-3 tbsp Non-dairy milk (or regular)
- Handful of Whole almonds – optional for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together the almond butter, sugar, maple syrup, and sunflower oil.
- In another bowl mix together the flours, chocolate chips, vanilla powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and mix well. Drizzle in the milk, one tablespoon at a time, until the mixture starts to come together to form a cookie dough.
- Scoop tablespoon sizes of the dough and shape into balls. Place on the lined tray and press down slightly with your fingers. Decorate each cookie with a whole almond – if required.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 12 to 15 minutes until golden around the edges. Place on a wire rack to cool fully.
Tips & Techniques