Join Anita's Bake Club to rate and review recipes and to save your favourites to your own digital recipe box.
If you could only have one cookie during the holidays then we would choose these. With a fabulous melt in the mouth texture they are a winner at any gathering. Sweet, delicate and a little bit ‘fancy’ you have to try them.
- 3/4 cup Butter or non-dairy alternative
- 1/2 cup Anita's Organic Icing Sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp Almond extract
- 3/4 cup Anita's Organic Chocolate Chips
- 1 1/4 cup Anita's Organic All Purpose White Flour
- 1/2 cup Anita's Organic Almond Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Anita’s Organic Icing Sugar (for dusting)
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F and line 2 cookie trays with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, beat the butter (or non-dairy alternative) and sifted icing sugar until soft and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract; almond extract and mix again until fully combined. If you don’t have a mixer, simply use a wooden spoon to beat the butter and sugar together until soft and fluffy. It will work just as well but just takes a little longer.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir until evenly mixed throughout the batter.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together the white flour; almond flour and salt. With the mixer on a slow speed add the flour mixture half a cup at a time until all the dry mixture is fully incorporated into the butter mixture. Do not over mix.
- Using a tablespoon size measure (or cookie scoop) scoop out batter and shape into ball shapes. Place these onto the lined trays – do not flatten – and bake in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes until slightly golden around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes before liberally dusting the cookies with the remaining icing sugar to create the ‘snow’ effect. Move the cookies to a wire rack to cool further.
Tips & Techniques