No-Bake Caramel Bites
Join Anita's Bake Club to rate and review recipes and to save your favourites to your own digital recipe box.
If you are looking for a simple, decadent dessert then look no further. These no-bake bites have a wonderful, salted caramel layer without all the hassle of boiling sugar. The crust can be made with almonds, walnuts, pecans or as we have with hazelnuts. Keep the decoration simple or play around and create some of your own fancy designs.
- 1/4 cup Anita’s Organic Rolled or Quick Oats
- 1/4 cup Anita's Organic Shredded Coconut
- 1 cup Hazelnuts
- 1 cup Anita’s Organic Medjool Dates
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1-2 tbsp Coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup Coconut butter, melted
- 1 cup Maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Anita's Organic Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 tsp Oil
- In a food processor pulse the oats, coconut, hazelnuts and salt until you have a coarse meal. Remove the pits from the dates and chop them a little. Add them to the food processor and pulse a few times more until they are incorporated into the nut mixture and a fine meal is formed. With the processor running drizzle in 1 tablespoon of the melted coconut oil. Stop the processor and squeeze a little of the mixture together, if it holds its shape its done, if not add a little more coconut oil until it does. Using a mini muffin pan (24) divide the base mixture evenly between each cup and press firmly to form the base. Place in the freeze while you make the caramel layer.
- In a medium size bowl mix together the coconut butter, maple syrup, ¼ tsp of salt and the vanilla extract. Stir until evenly mixed and a smooth creamy caramel consistency is reached. Spoon this on top of the base later and spread out. If using the mini muffin pan you will probably only need about a ½ a tablespoon in each, fill them right to the top and lightly bang the pan on the counter top to flatten out.
- Place back in the freezer until firmly set.
- Melt the chocolate chips and oil together, stir to fully incorporate the oil. Once fully set carefully remove the bites from the mini muffin tin using a small metal spatula and place onto a wire rack. Drizzle or decorate with the melted chocolate and maybe some chopped hazelnuts if you wish. Place them back in the freezer until set.
If you don’t have a mini muffin pan use a parchment lined 8 x 8 inch pan instead. You can cut them up into bite size pieces later. For the the chocolate, just drizzle it right on top while they are still in the pan. If you wish to have a thicker chocolate layer over the entire surface, double the amount of chocolate & oil and spread in an even layer over the top. Once fully set in the freezer remove from the pan and carefully cut into bite size pieces.
Tips & Techniques