Join Anita's Bake Club to rate and review recipes and to save your favourites to your own digital recipe box.
How delicious, how decadent, how can you resist? This traditional Canadian treat is a full-on assault of the taste buds. Rich, chocolatey and great any time of the year. Try changing up the flavors of the filling to suit the season – lemon or orange in the summer, mint or Irish cream for Christmas. Enjoy these divine treats responsibly and don’t forget to book that extra gym session afterwards!
- 2 cups Anita's Organic Almond Flour
- 1 cup Anita's Organic Shredded Coconut
- 1/3 cup Anita's Organic Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp Anita's Organic Cane Sugar
- 1/2 cup Walnuts, chopped
- 2 tbsp Anita's Organic Flax Meal
- 5 tbsp Water
- 1/3 cup Coconut oil, melted (measure when melted)
- 1-2 cups Vanilla, lemon or mint frosting
- 2 cups Anita's Organic Chocolate Chips
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Line a 9 x 9-inch square pan with parchment and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix the almond flour; coconut; vanilla powder; chopped walnuts and sugar. Sift in the cocoa powder and stir.
- In a small bowl whisk the flax meal and water and let stand for a few minutes until thickened. Add this to the dry mixture along with the melted coconut oil and mix well. Firmly press the mixture into the lined pan to form the crust.
- Spread the leftover frosting over the base to form the middle layer and place in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes, until firmly set.
- In a small bowl melt the chocolate chips and remaining coconut oil and allow to cool slightly before pouring the chocolate mixture over the middle layer. Put the tray into the fridge for about an hour to allow everything to set.
- Cut into small pieces as this is super rich and increase your gym time by about 2 hours! Keep refrigerated.
Tips & Techniques