Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Join Anita's Bake Club to rate and review recipes and to save your favourites to your own digital recipe box.
Oatmeal, raisin cookies are one of those comfort foods that invoke fond memories of childhood. Here we have used oat flour for some extra oaty goodness but also to keep them naturally gluten free too. They are fabulous just as they are but for those not willing to give up a chocolate fix, swap out half of the raisins for chocolate chips for the ultimate comforting cookie.
- 1 cup Anita's Oat Flour
- 2 cups Anita's Organic Quick Oats
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Anita's Organic Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Flax meal
- 1/4 cup Warm water
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup
- 1/3 cup Coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup Anita's Organic Thompson Raisins
- 1/2 cup Anita's Organic Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together the oat flour, quick oats, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and brown sugar. In a small bowl or jug whisk together the flax meal and water until it is thick and gelatinous. Add the vanilla extract, maple syrup and coconut oil.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry mixture and add the wet. Mix everything together until evenly combined. Add the raisins and chocolate chips, stir well.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out the cookie batter (approx. 1.5/2 tbsp) and roll into balls. Place on the baking trays and flatten slightly.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 10 to 12 minutes until lightly golden around the edges. Allow to cool on the cookie trays for about 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool fully.
Tips & Techniques