Gluten Free Gingerbread Cookies
Join Anita's Bake Club to rate and review recipes and to save your favourites to your own digital recipe box.
A gluten free twist on the classic gingerbread cookie. Make them in any shape you desire and decorate with your favourite icing.
- 320g (2 1/3 cups) Anita’s Organic Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 tsp Xanthan gum
- 3/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Ground ginger
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp Ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp Allspice
- A pinch Finely ground black pepper
- 330g (3/4 cup) Softened Butter
- 75g (1/3 cup + 1 tbsp) Brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Molasses
- 1 tbsp Milk
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, cocoa and spices. Set aside.
- With a hand blender or stand mixer with the paddle attachment combine the sugar and butter till fully combined (1-2 minutes). Minimal creaming will help the cookies keep their shape when baking. Add the molasses and milk and beat until fully combined.
- Add the flour mix and mix until fully combined.
- Press into a disc, wrap, and refrigerate for at least one hour until thoroughly chilled. Colder dough will be easier to roll and cut.
- Preheat the oven to 325˚F.
- Roll the dough out to ¼" thickness, cut desired shapes and transfer to a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool on pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Decorate and enjoy!
Tips & Techniques