Join Anita's Bake Club to rate and review recipes and to save your favourites to your own digital recipe box.
These favourites are chewy, delicious and sure to be enjoyed to the very last crumb. Not only are they scrumptious, they are also visually appealing, studded with red cranberries and green, green pistachios. Simply stunning.
- 2 tbsp Brown rice syrup
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Orange zest
- 2 tbsp Anita’s Organic Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Coconut milk
- 1/8 tsp Powdered ginger
- 1 cup Anita's Organic Shredded Coconut
- 1/4 cup Anita’s Organic Barley Flour (brown rice flour also works really well)
- 3/4 tsp Baking powder
- 1/3 cup Anita’s Organic Cranberries, slightly chopped
- 1/3 cup Anita’s Organic Salted Pistachios, chopped (if using unsalted pistachios add 1/8 tsp salt to the mixture)
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the brown rice syrup; maple syrup; orange zest; brown sugar; and coconut milk. Add the ginger; coconut; barley flour; baking powder and mix until just incorporated. Add the cranberries and pistachios and mix again. Chill the batter for 15 minutes.
- Drop tablespoons of the cookie dough onto the lined baking sheet. Gently roll each scoop into a ball – if they are a little sticky lightly dust your hands with some flour or a mixture of flour and coconut.
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes until they are lightly golden. Keep an eye on them as you do not want them to burn. Allow them to cool on the tray for a few minutes before moving them to a cooling rack to cool fully.
Tips & Techniques