Cranberry Chocolate Blondies
Join Anita's Bake Club to rate and review recipes and to save your favourites to your own digital recipe box.
Bright and juicy cranberries stud these chocolate blondies, adding a pop of tartness to every bite. The combination of rich chocolate and tangy cranberries make these treats not too sweet but a delicious any time of day treat.
- 1 1/2 cups Anita's Organic All-Purpose White Spelt Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Anita's Organic Einkorn Flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Anita's Organic Cane Sugar
- 3/4 cup Anita's Organic Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Non dairy or regular butter, melted; or sunflower oil
- 1 cup Almond milk ( or other plant based option)
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup Frozen, or fresh (not dried) cranberries (reserve 1/2 cup for top)
- 1/3 cup Anita's Organic Icing Sugar
- To taste Fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven 350˚F and line a 10x12" pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl sift together the flours and baking powder. Stir in the salt and chocolate chips and make a well in centre of the dry mixture.
- Pour the melted butter or oil, milk and vanilla extract into the dry mixture - mix everything together until almost mixed. Add 1 cup cranberries and fold in until everything is evenly mixed.
- Spread the batter into the lined pan. Dot the top of the batter with the reserved cranberries (push them into the batter a little) and a couple of teaspoons of extra chocolate chips if you like. Bake for 30 to 40 mins until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Lemon glaze: Make the glaze by mixing a little fresh lemon juice together with the sifted icing sugar until it coats the back of a spoon. Pipe or drizzle over the top of the cooled blondies and allow to set.
- Once fully cooled cut into 16 pieces.
Tips & Techniques