Join Anita's Bake Club to rate and review recipes and to save your favourites to your own digital recipe box.
Now these delicious treats are not to be confused with the delicate French ‘Macarons’ which have become incredibly popular in the last few years. Coconut Macaroons are sweet, chewy coconutty morsels of deliciousness that deserve a special place on the sweet treat table. This recipe is dairy, egg, nut and gluten free so everyone can enjoy. Unless of course you don’t like coconut!
- 1 cup Anita's Organic Cane Sugar
- 1/2 cup Organic coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Brown rice syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla powder (or 2 tsp vanilla extract)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 cups Anita's Organic Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 cup Anita's Organic Brown Rice Flour
- 1/4 cup Anita's Organic Coconut Flour
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together the sugar; milk; brown rice syrup; and vanilla powder or extract. Next add the coconut and mix well.
- Sprinkle the flour over the coconut mixture and mix until fully incorporated.
- Using a tablespoon roll generous amounts of the mixture (a little more than a tablespoon) into balls and place them on the baking sheets. For cookies flatten slightly or mounds leave as balls.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes but watch them carefully as they will burn very easily. Halfway through the cooking time check them and turn the trays around. They are ready when they are slightly golden around the edges.
- Drizzle or coat with melted chocolate if desired.
Tips & Techniques