Strawberry Lemon Swirl Cheesecake
Join Anita's Bake Club to rate and review recipes and to save your favourites to your own digital recipe box.
Blissful summer days by the lake or the ocean need to be followed by a light, decadent dessert and a chilled glass of wine. Well we think so anyway. This creamy, fruity, scrumptious dessert requires no baking just a little patience (as it has a few steps) and is best prepared ahead of time. Keep it in the freezer until you need it and then allow it to thaw in the fridge for about 4 to 6 hours. Once thawed keep it refrigerated. Enjoy as is or with a dollop of whipped coconut cream......and don't forget the wine.
- 1 1/2 cups Walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups Anita’s Organic Medjool Dates
- 1 1/2 cups Anita's Organic Shredded Coconut
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Cashews, soaked for 8 hours
- 1/2 can Organic coconut milk, shake well
- 1/2 cup Maple syrup
- 1/2 cup Coconut oil, melted
- Zest of 2 Lemons
- 1/2 cup Lemon juice
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 cup Strawberries
Strawberry Swirl (optional):
- 1/2 cup Strawberries
- To taste Maple syrup or icing sugar
- Place the walnuts, dates, coconut and salt into a food processor. Pulse mixture until it forms a very fine meal that sticks together when squeezed. Scrape this mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch spring form pan and press down firmly to create the base layer. Place in the freezer while you make the middle layer.
- Drain the cashews and rinse them under cold water. Place them in the food processor and add the coconut milk, maple syrup, coconut oil, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Turn on the food processor and process until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Take the pan out of the freezer and pour half of the middle layer over the base layer and leave the rest in the food processor. Return the pan to the freezer and leave it there until it is fully set.
- While the lemon layer is setting add the 1 cup strawberries to the remainder of the middle layer. Pulse until all the strawberries have been fully incorporated and you are left with a smooth pink layer mixture. Set this aside while you make the swirl.
- To make the Strawberry Swirl take the ½ cup strawberries and place into a small blender. Add a little icing sugar or maple syrup to taste and blend until you have a smooth sauce. Pour through a sieve to remove the seeds. Set aside.
- Once the lemon layer is fully set (this takes about 2 hours) pour over the strawberry layer that you set aside. Quickly drizzle the strawberry swirl mixture over the top and using a toothpick or wooden skewer make circular motions in the mixture to form swirl patterns. Return to the freezer to set fully.
Tips & Techniques