Sticky Toffee Pecan Indulgence
Join Anita's Bake Club to rate and review recipes and to save your favourites to your own digital recipe box.
We think we may have a problem with this dessert....we like it too much and have to keep sharing it! If you are looking for something to wow your guests this weekend (or any special occasion for that matter) then this is the dessert for you. Perfect for Thanksgiving or Holiday get togethers. Let this dessert be the star of the show.
- 1 1/2 cups Anita’s Organic Medjool Dates, pitted & chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup Anita’s Organic Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Anita’s Organic Pecans, toasted
- 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 1/4 cups Anita's Organic Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp Brown rice syrup
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp Anita’s Organic Brown Sugar
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Coconut milk
- To taste Salt
- In a heavy based pan, gently toast the pecans until lightly toasted.
- Preheat oven to 375˚F and line an 8 x 8 inch cake pan with parchment paper.
- If the dates are not already soft (Medjool Dates are usually the softest type of date) mix them with the coconut milk in a medium sized pan and heat gently for 5 to 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and set aside while you prepare the other ingredients. Skip this step if you have nice soft dates.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut oil; brown rice syrup and brown sugar until soft and fluffy. Add the date and milk mixture and stir well.
- Add the pecans; flour; baking soda; cinnamon; salt and gently fold together until just mixed. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Prepare the toffee sauce by whisking together the sauce ingredients in a pan and simmer over a low heat for about 10 minutes. Stir frequently to make sure that the sauce does not burn.
- To serve – slice the cake while still warm and serve with toffee sauce, a sprinkling of toasted pecans and maybe even some whipped coconut cream.
Tips & Techniques