No Bake Pumpkin ‘Cheesecake’
Join Anita's Bake Club to rate and review recipes and to save your favourites to your own digital recipe box.
This No Bake Pumpkin 'Cheesecake' is completely dairy free but delicious just the same. Its rich creamy filling is made from coconut milk and cashews. Top it off with a healthier version of caramel made from Medjool dates for some added (guilt-free) indulgence.
- 1 cup Pecans (or walnuts)
- 1 cup Anita's Organic Shredded Coconut
- 1 cup Anita’s Organic Medjool or Deglet Noor Dates
- Pinch or two Salt
- 1 1/2 cup Raw cashews – soaked for 4 hours
- 1/2 cup Coconut milk (thick part only, can kept in the fridge for at least 48 hours) (save the rest for the coconut cream layer)
- 1/4 cup Virgin coconut oil, unrefined, melted
- 3 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 tsp Pumpkin spice – or more to taste
Vanilla Bean Coconut Cream Layer:
- 1 can Coconut milk (thick part only, can kept in the fridge for at least 48 hours) Plus any remaining you have left from the pumpkin layer.
- To taste Icing sugar, maple syrup, agave
- Seeds from 1 Fresh vanilla bean Sliced lengthways and scrape out with a spoon or 1 tsp vanilla extract
Date Caramel Drizzle:
- 1 cup Anita’s Organic Medjool or Deglet Noor Dates, soaked in hot water for an hour
- 2/3 cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp Salt (to taste)
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp Pumpkin spice – to taste
To Make the Crust:
- Lightly oil an 8-inch spring form pan and set aside.
- Add the pecans, coconut, dates and pinch of salt to a food processor. Pulse the mixture until it is fine, crumbly and sticks together when squeezed (do not over process as it will become oily).
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan and place in the fridge while you prepare the other ingredients.
To Make Pumpkin Layer:
- In a food processor/blender add the soaked cashews, coconut milk, coconut oil, lemon juice, maple syrup, vanilla extract, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin spice. Blend until the mixture is super smooth and creamy – stop to scrape down the sides occasionally to get an even mixture.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture over the crust and smooth out evenly. Place in the freezer while you make the Vanilla Bean Coconut Cream layer.
To Make the Vanilla Bean Coconut Cream Layer:
- Scoop out all the thick coconut cream from the can, and the leftover from the pumpkin layer, in to the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Add a little sweetener to taste and the seeds from the vanilla bean. If using a liquid sweetener such as maple syrup, coconut nectar or agave, only use a small amount as too much will make the coconut cream too sloppy.
- Beat the coconut cream on high until it forms light and fluffy soft peaks.
- Take the cheesecake out of the freezer and if the top has set slightly then spread the coconut cream gently over the top. If not return to the freezer until its firm enough to do so.
- Place the cheesecake into the fridge and allow to chill for 8 hours or overnight until fully set.
To Make the Date Caramel Drizzle:
- Place the soaked dates, water, vanilla, salt and pumpkin spice into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Taste and add more salt and or pumpkin spice if required.
Make sure the coconut milk has been refrigerated for at least 24 hours before you want to make this.
Tips & Techniques