Nectarine & Plum Crumb Cake
Join Anita's Bake Club to rate and review recipes and to save your favourites to your own digital recipe box.
Nectarines and plums make a fabulous combination anytime of the year but especially when combined with fall flavours. They may be a summertime fruit but they feel particularly fall like in this recipe. The combination of stone fruit, cinnamon and brown sugar has us thinking of cooler mornings and falling leaves.
- 1 cup Anita's Organic All-Purpose White Spelt Flour
- 1 cup Anita's Organic Einkorn Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Cane sugar
- 1/2 cup Dairy free sour cream or yogurt
- 1 cup Dairy free milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp Ground flax meal
- 2 tbsp Water
- 2 Nectarines, pitted & sliced approx. ¼ inch
- 2 Plums, pitted & sliced approx. ¼ inch
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Cane sugar
- 1/4 cup Anita's Organic All-Purpose White Spelt Flour
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 cup Walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Grease a 9-inch spring form pan and pre-heat the oven to 350˚F.
- In a large bowl mix the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar.
- In a small bowl or jug, whisk together the sour cream/yogurt, milk, vanilla, oil, flax meal and water.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry mix and pour in the wet mixture. Fold everything together until evenly mixed. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and gently tap the pan on the counter to level out the batter.
- Lay the fruit slices on the top of the batter in a neat pattern.
- In a small bowl mix together the sugars, flour, cinnamon, salt and chopped nuts for the topping. Slowly drizzle, a tablespoon at a time, the oil into the dry mixture. Mix with a fork until the mixture resembles wet sand. Sprinkle the topping all over the top of the cake.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 70 to 80 minutes. Insert a wooden skewer into the centre of the cake to make sure it’s cooked through.
- Once cooked fully, remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 45 minutes. Then transfer to a wire rack to cool fully.
Tips & Techniques