Blackberry Crumb Cake
Join Anita's Bake Club to rate and review recipes and to save your favourites to your own digital recipe box.
We are super excited to be launching a new product here at Anita's Organic - one that our customers have been asking for, for many years now. Available now in our Retail Store here in Chilliwack, is our first ever Certified Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour Blend. Our new blend is crafted in our brand-new Certified Gluten Free facility. Both the blend and the facility have been a labour of love.
- 1/3 cup Anita’s Organic Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Anita's Organic All-Purpose Gluten Free Mix
- 1 cup Walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 cup Anita's Organic All-Purpose Gluten Free Mix
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Anita's Organic Cane Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Non-dairy milk (or regular)
- 1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup Sunflower oil
- 1/4 cup Non-dairy unsweetened, plain yogurt
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup Frozen blackberries, chopped a little if large
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F and line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare the topping by mixing the brown sugar, GF flour mix, chopped walnuts, cinnamon and salt. Slowly drizzle in the oil, stirring continuously, until all the oil has coated the dry mix. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the milk and vinegar. Allow to curdle and then whisk in the oil, yogurt and vanilla.
- In a large bowl sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Stir in the sugar and salt. Make a well in the centre and add the wet mixture. Mix gently until almost mixed. Add the blackberries and mix again until evenly distributed. Do not over mix.
- Scrape the cake batter into the lined pan and level out the top. Sprinkle the topping mixture evenly over the top. Bake in the centre of the oven for 40 to 50 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for about 30 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool fully.
Tips & Techniques