Apricot, Cacao & Coconut Granola
Join Anita's Bake Club to rate and review recipes and to save your favourites to your own digital recipe box.
Most of us have someone in our lives who are plagued by food allergies and intolerances. This recipe is for those who have issues with nuts, dairy and egg. It is also naturally gluten free too. But don't be put off – there is no loss of taste and flavour, just pure deliciousness. But the best bit of all is it got Baby Girl's seal of approval – so that’s good enough for me!
- 1 1/2 cups Anita’s Organic Rolled Oats
- 1 1/2 cups Anita's Organic Quick Oats
- 1/2 cup Anita's Organic Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 cup Anita's Organic Coconut Chips
- 1/2 cup Buckwheat groats
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup Sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup Anita’s Organic Hemp Seed
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup Brown rice syrup, warmed
- 1/3 cup Maple syrup
- 1/2 cup Cacao nibs
- 1 cup Apricots, chopped small
- Preheat the oven to 320˚F and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together the oats, coconut, buckwheat, seeds, spices and salt.
- In a small bowl or a jug mix together the coconut oil, brown rice syrup and maple syrup. Drizzle the wet mixture over the oat mixture and mix well until everything is evenly coated. Divide the mixture between the two trays and spread out evenly.
- Place the trays in the oven and set the timer for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes remove from the oven and gently mix the granola around and return to the oven. Bake for another 15 minutes until the edges have started to go a golden-brown colour. Leave on the tray for a few minutes to cool and set.
- Transfer the cooked granola back to the large bowl and mix in the chopped apricots and cacao nibs. Allow to cool completely and then transfer to an airtight container for storage.
- Serve with milk, or fresh fruit and yogurt.
Tips & Techniques