Wake Up Sunshine Mini Loaves
Join Anita's Bake Club to rate and review recipes and to save your favourites to your own digital recipe box.
These hearty mini loaves are packed full of wholegrain goodness, omegas and veggies too. Not too sweet and totally filling, they make a great back to school snack option. This recipe will make 8 mini loaves so if they are for young children you may want to cut each loaf in half.
- 1 cup Plant based milk
- 1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 Banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup Carrots, grated & juice squeezed out
- 1/2 cup Zucchini, grated & juice squeezed out
- 1/2 cup Coconut or brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Sunflower oil
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/3 cup Flax meal
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 cups Anita’s Organic Emmer (Farro) Flour or Sprouted Spelt Flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Raisins or cranberries
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup Chocolate chips (optional)
- Grease a 14” x 9.5” mini loaf pan and preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- In a small bowl or jug, mix together the plant-based milk and vinegar. Set aside while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana. Add the carrots, zucchini, sugar, oil, water, flax meal and vanilla extract. Also add the milk and vinegar mixture. Mix well.
- In a medium sized bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and stir together until just mixed. Add the raisins, pumpkin seeds and chocolate chips (if using) to the mixture and fold in.
- Divide the batter evenly in prepared mini loaf pan and bake in the centre of the oven for 25 minutes. Check the loaves are done by inserting a wooden toothpick in the centre.
- Once done, allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes and then remove and transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool fully.
Tips & Techniques