Raspberry Chocolate Chip Loaf
Join Anita's Bake Club to rate and review recipes and to save your favourites to your own digital recipe box.
Summer time is raspberry time and what better way to utilize this delicate delicious fruit than by adding them to your baking. The pairing of the sweet-tart raspberries and rich chocolate is always a winning combination. Raspberries not in season – never fear – frozen ones will work just as well so you can enjoy this treat all year round.
- 1 cup Non-dairy or regular milk
- 1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Sunflower oil
- 3/4 cup Anita's Organic Cane Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Anita's Organic All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Anita's Organic Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 2 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups Raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup Anita's Organic Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease and line an 8 x 4 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the milk and vinegar. Let it sit for a few minutes to curdle.
- Once the milk mixture has curdled mix in the oil, sugars and vanilla extract.
- In a medium size bowl sift together the flours and baking powder. Stir in the salt and then add the flour mixture to the milk mixture. Stir together gently until just mixed. Finally, add the fruit and chocolate chips to the batter and fold in. Transfer the batter to the lined loaf pan and bake in the oven for 50 to 60 minutes until an inserted wooden skewer comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Tips & Techniques