No-Knead Pumpkin Loaf
Join Anita's Bake Club to rate and review recipes and to save your favourites to your own digital recipe box.
If you still have some cooked pumpkin from the fall or some canned puree at the back of your pantry then this no-knead loaf is a lovely recipe to try. Simply mix everything together and then leave it to work its magic for 12 hours. We used a combination of our Sprouted Whole Wheat Flour and All-Purpose Flour to give it some 'fluff'. Be sure to toast or roast your pumpkin seeds to bring out their delicious flavour. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin seeds, lightly toasted
- 1/2 cup Pure pumpkin puree
- 1 1/4 cup Warm water
- 1/2 tsp Dried yeast
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Anita's Organic All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Anita's Organic Sprouted Whole Wheat Flour
- In a large bowl whisk together the pumpkin puree, water, yeast and salt. Add the toasted pumpkin seeds and stir.
- Add the flours to the wet mixture and combine everything together with a wooden spoon or spatula to form a loose shaggy dough. Cover the bowl with cling wrap and allow to ferment in a warm spot for 12 hours.
- After 12 hours, the dough will be quite sticky and will have doubled in volume. Scrape the dough out of the bowl onto a liberally floured work surface, stretch and fold the dough 4 times and then shape the dough into a smooth round. If the dough is a little too sticky use extra flour to help shape it. Place the dough into an oiled 2-quart Pyrex bowl (or similar bowl that is ovenproof) and place into a warm spot again to rise & double in volume. This will take approx. 1 hour.
- While the dough is proofing pre-heat the oven to 450˚F. Then brush the top of the dough with a little water and sprinkle on a few more pumpkin seeds (if desired). Place the bowl in the centre of the oven and bake for 15 minutes at 450˚F and then a further 30 minutes at 425˚F.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before taking the loaf out of the bowl and transfer to a wire rack to cool fully.
Tips & Techniques