Herb & Garlic Bread Sticks
Join Anita's Bake Club to rate and review recipes and to save your favourites to your own digital recipe box.
One of our favourite flours here at Anita's is our Pizza & Pasta Type '00' Flour. This super fine, but strong flour gives your pizza dough that authentic Italian feel and texture. It is also perfect for making Ciabatta bread, pasta and of course these delicious bread sticks. If you've never tried it you will be surprised at how much it will elevate your pizza game.
- 2 cup Anita's Organic Type '00' Pizza & Pasta Flour
- 1 tsp Yeast
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Warm water
- 1/4 cup Fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup Melted butter or olive oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Sesame seeds
- Few tbsp Cheese, grated (optional)
- 2 pinches Flaked or coarsely ground sea salt
- In a large bowl mix the flour, yeast and salt. Add water and mix to a shaggy dough. Pull the dough together to form a rough ball and place on a lightly floured work surface. Cover with the mixing bowl and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes remove the bowl and knead the dough for 5 to 10 minutes until smooth and elastic. Place the dough in a clean, lightly oiled bowl. Cover and allow the dough to proof until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Once the dough has doubled in size punch it down, remove it from the bowl and place onto a lightly floured work surface. Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces and roll each piece into a stick about 6” long.
- Place the bread sticks onto 2 parchment lined baking sheets leaving at least an inch gap between each stick. Cover with a clean tea towel and allow to double in size again.
- Pre-heat the oven to 450˚F and in a small bowl mix together the melted butter/oil, garlic and parsley.
- Once the bread sticks have doubled in size brush them liberally with the garlic/herb mixture. Sprinkle the tops with some sesame seeds, flaked sea salt and optional grated cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until golden.
Tips & Techniques