German Vollkorn Bread
Join Anita's Bake Club to rate and review recipes and to save your favourites to your own digital recipe box.
This tasty, filling loaf is made with 3 kinds of Anita's Organic Flour – white, whole wheat and rye. The combination of these three flours delivers a hearty, crusty, dense loaf. Allow yourself two days to create this delicious bread.
- 230 g Anita's Unbleached White Flour
- 1 g 1/4 tsp Instant yeast
- 145 ml Water
- 250 g Anita’s Stoneground Whole Wheat Flour
- 60 g Anita’s Rye Flour
- 12 g Sea salt
- 10 g Instant yeast
- 230 ml Lukewarm water (approx. 30˚C)
- 20 g Molasses
- 60 g Sesame seeds
- 60 g Pumpkin seeds
- 60 g Golden flax seeds
- 60 g Sunflower seeds
- Combine the white flour, yeast and water and knead it into a smooth dough (approx. 2 - 3 min), cover the dough in a container or mixing bowl and allow it to ferment at room temperature for 16 - 20 hours.
- Combine the first dough from the previous day with the whole wheat flour, rye flour, salt, molasses, yeast and water and knead all together until smooth and elastic and a good gluten network is established (approx. 8 - 10 min).
- Add the seeds to the dough and knead them in until evenly dispersed.
- Cover the dough and allow it to ferment and double in volume for approximately 60 minutes.
- Split the dough in two pieces and shape them round into a ball, allow to rest again for 10 min. Shape the dough into their final shape (round, loaf pan or oblong).
- Place the finished, shaped loaves in a warm area, cover to prevent from drying out and allow them to rise until they double volume once again.
- Slash and bake the bread at 450˚F for approximately 30 - 40 min.
Tips & Techniques