Cornbread Dinner Muffins
Join Anita's Bake Club to rate and review recipes and to save your favourites to your own digital recipe box.
Corn Bread goes well with so many dishes and these Corn Bread Muffins are just about perfect. Pair them with soups, stews and most definitely with chili. Warm from the oven with a touch of butter they don’t half hit the comfort food spot.
- 1 1/2 cup Non-dairy milk
- 2 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Dried chili flakes (let soak in milk mixture for 10 minutes)
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Anita’s Organic Cornmeal
- 1/2 cup Anita’s Organic High Protein Sprouted Flour
- 3/4 cup Anita's Organic All Purpose White Flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F and line a muffin tray with 12 paper liners.
- In a large bowl mix the milk and apple cider vinegar together. Add the chili flakes and set aside for 10 minutes to allow the vinegar to “curdle” the milk and the chili flakes to infuse and soften.
- After 10 minutes add the maple syrup and olive oil to the milk mixture and stir well.
- Add the cornmeal, red lentil flour, white flour, baking powder, salt and black pepper to the wet mixture. Stir everything together gently, without over mixing, until everything is fully incorporated.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tray and bake in the oven for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Test the muffins are fully cooked by inserting a wooden skewer in the centre. If the skewer does not come out clean place the muffins back in the oven for another 5 minutes or until done.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the muffin tray and then transfer to a wire rack to cool fully.
Tips & Techniques