Breakfast Boost Morning Glory Loaf
Join Anita's Bake Club to rate and review recipes and to save your favourites to your own digital recipe box.
Which is better Banana Bread or Carrot Cake? Can't decide well how about combining the two, to make this delicious Breakfast Boost Morning Glory Loaf. Made from our Sprouted Spelt Flour and studded with a mixture of nuts, seeds and chocolate chips from our Nut & Seed Breakfast Boost. Tender but hearty, this is a perfect way to start your day or save it to have with your mid-morning cup of tea or coffee. Enjoy!
- 1 Ripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup Carrots, grated
- 3/4 cup Anita's Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1/3 cup Coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened yogurt
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 tbsp Ground flax seed
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Vanilla powder (or 1 tsp extract)
- 1 cup Anita's Organic Sprouted Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup Anita's Organic Sprouted Spelt Flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Anita's Organic Nut & Seed Breakfast Boost (or 1 cup mixed nuts, dried fruit & seeds)
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Grease and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together the mashed banana, grated carrots, coconut sugar, coconut oil, yogurt, milk, flax meal, water and vanilla.
- In a medium size bowl whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in the Breakfast Boost.
- Add the dry mixture, half a cup at a time, to the wet mixture. Stir everything together until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake in the centre of the oven for 50 to 60 minutes. Check the loaf is fully cooked by inserting a wooden skewer into the centre. If it comes out clean the loaf is cooked.
- Leave the loaf in the pan to cool down for 20 minutes then remove from the pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool fully. Serve warm as is or with a spread, butter or preserves.
Tips & Techniques