Some days it just feels like a brownie kind of day. Gooey, warm from the oven and served with some delicious vanilla ice cream. Brownies are just about the best dessert for giving your belly a warm, comforting hug. If you don’t like gooey, fudgy brownies then we have no hope for you but if they are really not your thing just cook them a little longer for a more cakey consistency.
- 1/2 cup Anita’s Organic Chocolate Chips, melted
- 1/3 cup Neutral tasting oil
- 1 cup Anita's Organic Cane Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla powder (or 2 tsp vanilla extract)
- 1/3 cup Non-dairy milk
- 3/4 cup Anita's Organic All-Purpose White Spelt Flour
- 3/4 cup Anita's Organic Fine Grind Spelt Flour
- 1/2 cup Anita's Organic Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 cup Anita’s Organic Cashews, dry roasted, sprinkled with sea salt & coarsely chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Extra of Anita's Organic Chocolate Chips
Preheat the oven to 350˚F and line an 8 x 8-inch pan with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, mix together the melted chocolate chips; oil; sugar; vanilla and milk. In another bowl sift together the cacao powder; flours and baking powder and stir.
Add the dry mixture to the wet and fold together until just mixed. Stir in the chopped cashews and extra chocolate chips.
Transfer the brownie mixture to a lined 8 x 8 pan and press to form an even layer.
Bake for 20 to 24 minutes depending on the heat of your oven and or whether you like gooey or cakey brownies! Allow to cool for 10 minutes before cutting into the desired size.