Thick vs. Thin Cookies: You Choose
Join Anita's Bake Club to rate and review recipes and to save your favourites to your own digital recipe box.
Do you like thick, chewy cookies or do you prefer thin, crispier cookies? Here are a few things you can do to get your ideal cookie.
Thicker cookie (less spread):
- Cream the butter and sugar for less time
- Use coarser sugar
- Keep the dough cold
- Use more flour
- Use less baking powder/soda
Thinner cookie (more spread):
- Use 50% cake and pastry flour
- Cream the butter and sugar longer
- Use finer sugar
- Bake at a lower temperature