- Preheat the oven to 350˚F and line a 12-cup muffin tray with baking cups.
- In a large bowl mix together the sweet potato puree, milk, apple cider vinegar, orange juice, orange zest, oil, vanilla extract and cane sugar.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet and mix until just combined. Pour 1/4 cup of batter into each muffin cup and bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cupcakes to cool in the tray for 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack. Once fully cooled decorate with the cream cheese frosting. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Orange Zested Cream Cheese Frosting
- Place all the frosting ingredients into mixer and whisk until smooth, soft and fluffy. Keep refrigerated until required.