- Preheat the oven to 450˚F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl sift together the flours, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in the nutritional yeast, mustard powder, black pepper and herbs.
- Cut the coconut oil into small pieces and work into the dry mixture with your finger tips or a pastry cutter until the mixture resembles fine, wet sand.
- Stir in the optional cheese if desired.
- Slowly add the milk to the dry mixture to bind the mixture together. Knead gently to pull everything together but don’t over work. If the mixture is too dry add a little more milk.
- Place dough on a lightly floured work surface and flatten or roll out into a 1” thick round.
- Using a round cookie cutter cut out biscuits and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes until lightly golden. Serve warm.