- Preheat the oven to 350˚F and fill a 12-cup muffin tray with liners.
- In a small bowl whisk the flax meal and water together for a few seconds until it resembles the texture of a beaten egg.
- In a large bowl mix the mashed banana, sugar, oil, and flax meal mixture.
- In a separate bowl mix together all the dry ingredients, add the wet and mix together gently until just mixed.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Place a 1/3 of a cup of mixture into each muffin liner and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Test doneness by inserting a toothpick and if it comes out clean muffins are ready.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.