- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Oil and line, with parchment paper, a standard size loaf pan (usually 9 x 5 or 8.5 x 4.5 inch). Set aside.
- Place the pumpkin seeds and chopped walnuts on a tray and toast in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes until toasty. This can also be done in a dry pan over a low heat on the stove top. Do not allow to burn. Remove from the heat/oven and transfer to a bowl to cool down.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree; water; oil; orange juice; orange zest; vanilla extract; and sugars.
- In a medium size bowl sift together the spelt flour; baking powder; baking soda and pumpkin spice. Add the salt and mix well.
- Add the cranberries and ¾ of the toasted walnut/pumpkin seed mix (set the rest aside for later) to the wet mixture. Stir well.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet mixture, ½ cup at a time. Mix well but do not over mix.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle with the remaining toasted pumpkin seed/ walnut mixture. Press down lightly so they stick to the top of the loaf.
- Bake the loaf in the center of the oven for 40 to 50 minutes. This is a thick loaf so may take a little longer. To test if the loaf is cooked through insert a wooden skewer into the center. If the batter is still wet and sticks to the skewer return to the oven at 5-minute intervals until the skewer comes out clean.
- Leave the loaf to cool down in the pan for 30 minutes. Once cooled, remove from the pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool fully.