For the Pineapple
- In a medium sized bowl, toss the pineapple together with the maple syrup and cinnamon. Make sure the pineapple is evenly coated.
- In a large, heavy based pan melt the butter (or alternative) over a medium heat. When the butter starts to bubble a little, add the coated pineapple and stir well. Cook the pineapple until it starts to get a little golden in colour and the butter and syrup thicken to form a slightly sticky sauce. This will take approximately 10 minutes. Set aside while you cook the pancakes.
For the Pancakes
- In a large bowl whisk together the flours, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In a medium sized bowl mash the banana with a fork until there are no lumps left. Stir in the milk and mix well.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and pour in the milk & banana mixture. Gently mix together with a whisk until evenly combined.
- Drop the batter, a quarter cup for each pancake, onto a preheated, oiled griddle or skillet. Cook over a medium to low heat until bubbles start to appear on the top of the pancake. Flip the pancakes and cook on the other side for a few more minutes until cooked through.
- Serve 2 to 3 pancakes per person with the glazed pineapple, a drizzle of maple or coconut syrup and toasted coconut chips.