- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Soak the dates in 2 cups of boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Drain the dates and puree in the food processor. Allow the dates to cool fully.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flours, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk, or in a large bowl with a hand mixer, cream the butter and date puree until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and then the vanilla and cream.
- On low speed add the dry ingredients just until incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips with a rubber spatula.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes before using.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment. Scoop out the dough using a small portion scoop or two spoons into rounded mounds leaving an inch space between cookies.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes. When done the cookies will lose a bit of their shine and feel semi-firm when pressed.
- Cool on a wire rack.