- Preheat the oven to 375˚F and line a muffin tray with 12 paper liners.
- In a large bowl mix the milk and apple cider vinegar together. Add the chili flakes and set aside for 10 minutes to allow the vinegar to “curdle” the milk and the chili flakes to infuse and soften.
- After 10 minutes add the maple syrup and olive oil to the milk mixture and stir well.
- Add the cornmeal, red lentil flour, white flour, baking powder, salt and black pepper to the wet mixture.
Stir everything together gently, without over mixing, until everything is fully incorporated.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tray and bake in the oven for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Test the muffins are fully cooked by inserting a wooden skewer in the centre. If the skewer does not come out clean place the muffins back in the oven for another 5 minutes or until done.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the muffin tray and then transfer to a wire rack to cool fully.