- Lightly oil an 8” or 9” spring form pan with a neutral tasting oil.
- In a food processor pulse the walnuts, coconut, dates, cacao powder and salt together until it starts to form fine crumbs. Stop the food processor from time to time to scrape down the sides.
- Test a little of the mixture by gently squeezing it, if it holds together it’s ready. Do not let the mixture become over processed as then the mixture can become oily.
- Scrape the crust mixture into the prepared pan and push down firmly to form the crust. Place in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
- In a heavy based pan or over a double boiler place the chocolate chips, coconut milk, vanilla and salt. Gently heat over a low heat until the chocolate chips start to melt. As they melt whisk or stir the mixture continuously until everything becomes smooth and creamy. Make sure all the chocolate chips have melted and everything is evenly mixed.
- Pour onto the crust and place back in the fridge for at least four hours until fully set.
- Once fully set remove from the pan, place onto a serving plate and decorate with fresh fruit.
- Serve with a dusting of icing sugar, a dollop of whipped coconut cream and wait for the big happy smiles.