- Line an 8” x 8” pan with parchment and pre-heat the oven to 350˚F.
- In a heavy based pan cook the strawberries over a low heat until they are soft. Add the chia seeds and continue cooking until the mixture has thickened. Set aside to cool a little.
- In a small pan, again over a low heat, gently warm the coconut butter, brown rice syrup and brown sugar. Cook gently until the sugar has dissolved.
- In a large bowl mix together the oats, flour, flax, coconut & salt. Pour the coconut butter mixture over the oat mixture and mix well until there are no dry bits left and everything is evenly coated with the coconut butter mixture. Use your hands if required.
- Set 1 cup of the oat mixture aside and press the rest firmly into the lined pan. Press down evenly to form the bottom crust. Pour the strawberry chia jam over the bottom layer and spread out evenly. Next top the jam with the reserved oat mixture, using your hands to break it up like a crumble topping.
- Bake the bars in the centre of the oven for 20 to 25 minutes until the top is slightly golden. Allow to cool in the pan until fully cooled. Remove from the pan and cut into 8 bars.