- In a large bowl whisk together the pancake mix, cinnamon and vanilla powder.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry mixture and pour in the maple syrup, neutral tasting oil, milk and beer. Whisk the mixture together until smooth.
- Leave the batter to stand for 10 minutes while you make the Blueberry Compote.
- In a small, heavy based pan mix the blueberries and the maple syrup together. Over a low heat allow the blueberries to heat through and release their juices. The compote should thicken up as it cools but if you like a thicker, saucier mixture add a little corn starch (or arrowroot) mixed with a small amount of water to help thicken.
- Preheat a heavy bottomed fry pan or griddle with a little coconut oil over a medium heat until hot.
- Dip 2 slices of bread into the batter mixture until fully coated. Drop onto fry pan or griddle and gently fry each side for 3 minutes – until the batter is cooked through and you have a nice, crispy golden crust. Keep warm in a warming oven until ready to serve. Repeat with the rest of the bread slices until they are all cooked.
- Serve with the Blueberry Compote, Fresh Berries, drizzled with Maple Syrup or Coconut Nectar. Serve warm.