Coconut Oil White Whole Wheat Shortbread Cookies
Join Anita's Bake Club to rate and review recipes and to save your favourites to your own digital recipe box.
Our White Whole Wheat Flour add a delicate nutty flavour and a slight robustness to these shortbread cookies. You won’t need to eat too many but you will certainly be tempted to go back for more. Leave as is or decorate with whole almonds/ pecans, dried cranberries or organic sprinkles.
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups Coconut oil, room temp
- 1 1/2 cup Anita's Organic Icing Sugar
- 3 cups Anita’s Organic White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 pinch Salt
- Preheat oven to 375˚F and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a stand mixer or a wooden spoon, mix all the ingredients together. The mixture should resemble wet sand and hold its shape when squeezed into a ball. If not add a little more coconut oil.
- Using a tablespoon scoop the dough and shape into a ball. Place each ball on the prepared cookie sheet and flatten slightly with a fork.
- Decorate with cranberries or almonds if desired.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes until golden around the edges.
- When done remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
Tips & Techniques