Breakfast Boost Energy Balls
Join Anita's Bake Club to rate and review recipes and to save your favourites to your own digital recipe box.
Energy bars and balls are always very handy to have when you are on the go. Great for kid's lunch boxes, perfect as an after-gym snack or to take with you on a hike. Or even as an afternoon pickup when that midafternoon slump hits. With these energy balls we have used our Chia & Hemp Breakfast Boost which add essential nutrients such as omegas 3 & 6, protein and fibre. The spirulina is entirely optional but adds protein, antioxidants and B – vitamins to this tasty little ball of goodness.
- 1 cup Anita’s Organic Dates (Medjool or Deglet Noor)
- 1/3 cup Walnuts
- 1/2 cup Anita’s Organic Chia & Hemp Breakfast Boost (or Sprouted Chia & Hemp Breakfast Boost)
- 1/3 cup Anita’s Organic Shredded Coconut (+ extra for rolling)
- 1 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 2 pinches Salt
- 1-2 tbsp Spirulina (optional)
- Place all of the ingredients into a food processor and pulse until the mixture is fine and starts to stick together.
- Roll teaspoon size amounts of the mixture into ball shapes and then roll them in extra coconut to coat.
- Place in the fridge for an hour to set. Store the energy balls in an airtight container in the fridge, or freezer if preferred.
Tips & Techniques