Theme Ideas for Anita’s Bake Club Chapters
Add a pinch more excitement to your Anita’s Bake Club Chapter events with a fun theme or challenge. It’ll encourage you to try new things and keep you feeling inspired in the kitchen.
Here are few ideas to get you started, but feel free to share any of your suggestions below as well! We’d love to hear them.
- Get into the spirit of the holidays and whip up something themed accordingly. Maybe a heart-shaped cake for Valentine’s day or shamrock cookies for St. Patrick’s day—the options are endless.
- Personalize a basic recipe according to your group’s favourite flavours. That might mean taking the classic chocolate chip cookie to a whole new level—the challenge is up to you.
- Pick a seasonal ingredient and find a creative way to use it. Pumpkin season? You could choose pie, bread, muffins or even a mousse recipe.
- Try out some new flavours from across the globe. Choose a country and make a traditional recipe you’d find there.
- Test your skills. Choose a challenging recipe and work together as a team to create a #bakingwin. (Don’t worry if you end up with a #bakingfail—there’s fun in that too!)
- Take turns teaching each other. It’s like having your own personalized bake-off with all your friends eager to learn. (Bonus points if you film and post your baking show to Instagram.)
- Create a little light-hearted competition. Who’s the best at decorating cookies, or building a gingerbread house? Laughter is guaranteed.
- Try out special dietary baking. Gluten free perhaps, or maybe vegan. It’s always great to learn how to bake things you can share with those who have dietary restrictions.
- Add a healthy twist to an indulgent classic. Here’s a hint: dates are a great way to sweeten recipes naturally.
- Share traditional favourites. Take turns baking a family recipe from each member of your group. It’s a great opportunity to share stories and learn more about each other.
Themes are a simple way to make your Chapter events more fun. Plus, you’ll all have delicious treats to take home with you. It’s a win-win.