Cranberry & Orange Bundt Cake
Join Anita's Bake Club to rate and review recipes and to save your favourites to your own digital recipe box.
If you are looking for a truly delightful dessert that embraces all the traditional flavours of Christmas then look no further. This delicious Bundt cake is packed with tart fresh cranberries, hints of citrus and warm spices. It makes a perfect centerpiece for a holiday table.
- 1 cup Orange juice
- Zest of 1 Orange
- 1 cup Non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup Anita’s Organic Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Anita's Organic Cane Sugar
- 1 tbsp Vanilla extract (or 1/2 tsp vanilla powder)
- 3/4 cup Oil
- 1 cup Fresh or frozen cranberries (not dried)
- 3/4 cup Walnuts, chopped finely
- 1 cup Anita's Organic All Purpose White Flour
- 1 cup Anita’s Organic Spelt Fine Grind
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Icing sugar
- Zest of 1 Orange
- 2-4 tbsp Orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Liberally grease a bunt pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the orange juice, orange zest, milk, and apple cider vinegar together. Let this sit for a few minutes to allow the mixture to curdle slightly.
- Add the sugars, vanilla, and oil to the milk mixture and mix well. Then add the cranberries and chopped walnuts.
- In another bowl sift together the flours, baking powder & baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, ½ cup at a time. Gently mix everything together until just mix, do not over mix.
- Scrape the cake batter into the oiled Bundt pan and bake in the centre of the oven for 35 to 45 minutes. Insert a wooden skewer into the centre of the cake to make sure it is fully cooked. If the skewer comes out clean remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool fully. If the skewer still has uncooked batter on it return the cake to the oven in 5 minute increments until fully cooked.
- Allow to cool for about 30 minutes before removing from the pan and transferring to a wire rack.
- Sift the icing sugar into a large bowl and add the orange zest. Slowly drizzle in the orange juice one teaspoon at a time and mix until smooth. Add the juice very slowly so as not to make the mixture too runny. Drizzle over the top of the cake and allow to flow down the sides.
Tips & Techniques